My blog has been a big goal of mine for 2018; however, after taking ‘time off’ the fact that it’s not up to standards has been a daunting task. So I begin, setting minimalistic goals and telling you all about why I haven’t been interacting with you as much in the last month or so.
Firstly, I would like to discuss why I haven’t been with you for the past couple of months. Everyday I try and give myself enough time to read through your new posts and write good responses – but there are so many of you to catch up with (I’m not complaining about the amont of talent my readers have by the way). You spend as much time as I do on your blog – maybe more – and I know the effort… well, no buts, umm, I guess I just haven’t had the time to do so.
I limit my screen-time, I hate being on screens for too long because it kinda makes me sick and fed up. So I do 20 minutes in the morning, 40 in the aftrenoon/evening and on a weekend enough time to watch YouTube (Zoella vlogs can go on for nearly an hour and I’m not missing that!)
I will try to get at least ten posts read and responded to everyday. I cannot read every single post you guys make, which is unfortunate. Some posts are lovely and long – and those I save for when I have extra time, and I can properly read through them and make an essay of a response XD (Happens naturally) because after all the time and effort going into your long post it’s not a case of just writing ‘Great” in the comment section – it’s really worth a lot more. And so are the short ones, and the simple but describing picture ones, every single one is in need of a lot more praise than I give. And I’m truly sorry.
Secondly, I would like to discuss what I have so far achieved on this blog, and what’s to come.
Things I need to improve/goals from now forth:
- Variety. I have a lot of variety here, I guess. But usually all of the ‘same thing’ is clogged together. I just started my poetry hobby and all you’ve seen here, is that. I’ve also got some future posts coming up – diary kind of things – but yet again they are all in one place. At the start of the year I had a ‘variety” planner for my blog. And I should really get that back. All that basically is, is a rough idea of what’s on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday (the days I post). What I should do is a diary entry on Monday, re-capping my week, a short poem or similar paragraph on Wednesday, and a good old ramble on Friday etc.
- Photos and incorporating them into my posts and website design. For some posts, I have had no relavant images. but for some I need them. All my photos are the ones of the outside. But I sometimes need go to Pexels for relavant images if that is not of my photography ‘taste’
- Promotion. It’s easier said than done. I will have a whole other post on this in the near future, and telling you why my promotion is not up to it’s uppermost.
They seem pretty achievable for the rest of the year?
What I’ve achieved:
- An uplevel. I now pay for the WordPress ‘Personal’ plan to remove weird advertisments and lift my domain name plus adding more proffessional features to my website in general. This helps boost my motivation here a lot!
- A lot more follower support. When I started blogging in early 2017 I was not very ‘up there’, if you see where I’m coming from. I now have gained more support and started putting myself out there with better content than what I began with.
- I found my three main blogging subjects! This is something I had to just come to terms with. I had to tell myself that I’ll never be a popular lifestyle blogger like the rest of them! Poetry, Philosophy, Art (and books too, I love books, but they’re art in themsleves). My three\four beauties.
With my hiatius I haven’t exactly been the most productive but I have certainly found myself in the blogging world.
I have never revealed my age here – and to avoid confusion I am not going to. But dare I ask you, my readers, from my writing, how old do you think I am? *this will be amusing XD*
You guys have been the best this year, supporting me through my presence and absensce. I love you all.
Good luck with your 2018! Have a great time with what’s left (hasn’t it flown by?)!