We’ve come to the end of The Positivity Project week! Though the launch is over, we’ll still be creating things together to help you feel more positive. However, you’ll be glad to hear I won’t be publishing a post every day. It was quite fun though, while it lasted! Do you think I should do something like this again, or was it too much to keep up with?
To conclude this week of positivity, Emily decided on Self-Care Sunday. I’ve been looking forward to this one, because I have so much to say about self-care. In this post I will be sharing my favourite ways to take care of myself. However, I did explain more in-depth what self care is in another blog post! I would really appreciate you checking that out. Remember that what works for me may not work for you, because we’re all different. Individuality is the beauty of the human race! Don’t change yourself in hope of becoming ‘perfect’. There’s no such thing. We’re all beautiful in our own ways. As a perfectionist, this is hard news to digest. But over the years I’ve come to terms with it, and I’m trying to accept myself for who I am. And, of course, accepting others for who they are too!
Quite simply, these are the things that I do to take care of myself:
- Sticking to my routine
- Not lying in (kind of links in with the previous one)
- Eating well, but also allowing myself snacks now and then.
- Not procrastinating!
- Getting dressed well everyday, to avoid feeling lazy.
- Reading books. The more, the better!
- Spending less time on screens.
- Avoiding social media, only for blog related things.
- Spending time with the people I love.
- Keeping in touch with the people I love when I can’t see them (see yesterday’s post for more on that!)
- Having a bath then putting on cosy PJs
- Reminding myself of my goals and aspirations
- Allowing myself to scroll through Pinterest and look at inspiring quotes
- Remembering that I can’t please everyone
- Watching Harry Potter while knitting
- Telling myself that self-care isn’t selfish, but it leads to me caring more for other people!
- Practising my cello and usually zoning out because I get so consumed in the music that the outside world no longer matters to me!
- Doing something I enjoyed as a child, like Lego, drawing or colouring (yes I still do those things occasionally)
- Setting out clothes for the following day
I really appreciate those of you whom have read every single post of mine this week! It means the world – your support is always appreciated. Don’t forget, after reading all of these lengthy posts, to step away from the screen. Though being active online is a huge part of my passion, it’s not always necessary. We need to step away sometimes, and appreciate the moment. There’s no time like the present!
How will you take care of yourself today? After commenting below, will you take a moments rest from social media?
Thank you for sticking by me this week, and sharing with me all of your wonderful positivity journeys. Please show some support to the wonderful creator, Emily, whom without I would be seriously lacking inspiration. Her blog is absolutely stunning, along with her Instagram (click the links if you have time!)