The Sunshine Blogger Award makes another appearance! Thank you so much Saudade for nominating me to do this award/tag. I really enjoy taking part and getting a chance to answer some interesting questions! Saudade’s blog is full of the most heart-breaking and thought-provoking poetry. You really don’t know what you’re missing! The link to the blog is here.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This is an award honouring bloggers who inspire creativity, positivity by bringing sunshine in the blogging community. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee and should be extended and awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it.
1.Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
1. What is your favourite thing about being a blogger?
I really enjoy having a hobby that feels a lot like a ‘job’. Every time I write a post I feel just as productive as when I finish a piece of homework (though of course blogging is more enjoyable)
2. Why did you join WordPress?
I set up my blog through WordPress so I’ve been here as long as my blog has. I didn’t really consider any other options – I just wanted to get started!
3. How do you deal with writer’s block?
Forcing yourself to write may be a working method for some people, but for me it just doesn’t. If I don’t feel like writing then I won’t! If you really have a passion for something then motivation will spark again sometime.
4. Name the book(s) that changed or shaped your way of thinking monumently?
There are so many books that have changed me! However ‘Sophie’s World’ has got to be on the top of this list. It developed my love for philosophy and encouraged me to read a lot more.
5. When writing, do you generally start with an outline of the story or simply begin writing?
Novel-writing is something I used to be really passionate about but now I’ve fell out of love with it. I mostly write poems and I never intend for them to tell a story but to express my feelings. However, if I was to write a short story then I would outline it to begin with. Authors say that a good technique is to start with the ending and work backwards.
6. Three things you wish to have right now?
I would like to have some rest but, at the same time, I need to get some blogging and school preparation done! Some food would be nice so I’ll have lunch in a few minutes. My last wish would be for an extra day in the week so I could have an extended weekend 😂 I don’t really like wishing because I already have what I need.
7. What is one genre that you really want to read more of this year and why?
Historical fiction is a genre I have got into this year but not read much of. I plan to read The Tattooist of Auchwitz before the year is through! Have you read it? What did you think?
8. How do you deal with anxiety, if you have any?
I’m not diagnosed with anxiety (as in the mental health problem) though when I do get stressed and overwhelmed I like to drink water. I sip on a glass for a minute or two and try to level out my thoughts. If I am at home, however, I will usually sit down with my journal and reflect on the day. Writing out to-do lists is also theraputic. If you have a lot to do then it’s a good idea to write it all down!
9. What are your three all time favourite quotes?
“If you want to live in a world where people are not afraid of mice, then you must give up living in palaces” – E.Lockhart, We Were Liars
This is the first one that comes to mind – I’m not really sure what my other favourites are!
10. What are the two songs on your playlist, right now?
Lights Up – Harry Styles
Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
11. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
I would love to be a Britain’s Got Talent judge and watch all of the auditions! I think that it would be amazing.
I would love to hear your answers to these questions:
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- If you could change your name, what would your new name be and why would you change it?
- Name a body part you wouldn’t mind losing.
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do but are too scared to?
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would it be?
- Who was your role model as a child?
- What is the longest word you know? (that isn’t supercalifragilisticexpialadocious)
- Would you prefer one wish right now or three wishes over the course of five years?
- If money wasn’t a concern what would you really like to buy/where would you like to go to?
- Which famous person would you never like to meet (that isn’t a politician)
- Do you prefer hot or cold drinks?
Thank you for reading my Sunshine Blogger Award! If you would like to answer my random questions then feel free to, and tag me in the post. It’ll be really interesting to know what celebrity you would never like to meet!
I hope that you have a really positive week (whether the sun is shining or not)!