Most of you, my readers, are fortunate enough to have warm weather this summer. On the occasion that the UK don’t get rain, we need refreshing drinks too. I would like to share with you some of my favourites, including some smoothie recipes!
1) Cucumber Water
I discovered cucumber water only a couple of years ago. I was travelling and ate dinner in a restaurant which offered free water! At first I was speculating the idea, but I really love it. When I started taking cucumber in my water bottles out and about, I had a few weird looks. Though it is one of the most refreshing and tasty flavours out there.
2) Lemon Infused Water
Simply lemon and water, left for a few minutes to diffuse. There is no sourness to it and, to my advantage, it boosts your metabolism!
3) Mixed Berry Smoothie
Before you begin, please freeze the fruits beforehand! (other than banana, which is better blended at room temperature) I will have to go through a quick recipe with you and it is very easy. Smoothie bowls are quite trendy at the moment, but it’s for a reason! I really enjoy a smoothie with oats for my breakfast.
Side note: my blender is very powerful so I can manage to get it smooth within 30-45 seconds. If your blender is not so good, split the ingredients and blend in smaller amounts!
- Frozen strawberries (sliced in half, preferably)
- Frozen raspberries
- Frozen blueberries
- One banana (in chunks)
- Almond milk
- For measurements, use a large mug. Firstly, fill a mug with equal amounts of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Add this into the blender.
- After that, use the same mug to measure out almond milk. Less would make it thicker (preferable for a smoothie bowl) though a mug full would make a perfect smooth consistency.
- A spoonful of honey sweetens up the raspberries (which can be quite sour) so you could use this, though it is totally optional.
- Finally, add in chunks of banana.
Make sure you lid is on tight before you blend!
4) Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
- Mug full of sliced, frozen strawberries
- One banana
- Almond milk
- Honey (optional)
With the same method as last time, using ‘mug-full’ as a measurement 😂
This is actually the mixed berry smoothie but you can pretend it’s a strawberry and banana…
Will you try any of these smoothies? What are your favourite refreshing drinks?
Thank you very much for reading my post today. I hope that you have a very nice summer!